Texas Appleseed, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions©, and Texas attorneys supporting the Diversity Legal Scholars program believe that law schools should be accessible to all qualified students. This program helps low-income people of color expand their law school options by awarding scholarships covering the full cost of a Kaplan (LSAT) preparation course.
Coming soon for 2019!
- Round 1/OPEN NOW: Application Deadline: March 18, 2019 | LSAT Test Date: July 15, 2019 (At the July 2019 test, some test takers will be assigned pencil-and-paper tests, and some will be assigned digital tests)
- Round 2/CHECK BACK FOR OPENING DATE: Application Deadline: May 27, 2019 | LSAT Test Dates: Sept. 21, 2019; Oct. 28, 2019 & Nov. 25, 2019 (Digital tests)
- Round 3/CHECK BACK FOR OPENING DATE: Application Deadline: Sept. 16, 2019 | LSAT Test Dates: Jan. 13, 2020; Feb. 22, 2020 & March 30, 2020 (Digital tests)
Application Background Details
To apply, applicants must submit all of the following:
- Completed two page application, including applicant signature.
- Resume, including work experience and community service.
- Copy of college transcript (and any graduate school transcript(s)) from school currently enrolled or received degree from. Official and/or unofficial acceptable.
- Financial need documentation (proof of financial aid received at college or most recent tax return).
- A statement of economic or personal social disadvantage, (500 words).
- One letter of recommendation, preferably one from a professor.
- An essay that addresses a current issue that interests you and how the legal community could address the issue (350-750 words).
Changes to the LSAT
News from the Law School Admission Council
- LSAT will be fully digital in North America starting September 2019.
- LSAT will be offered 9 times in the 2019–2020 test cycle to expand candidate access and choice.
- A digital format begins with the July 2019 LSAT test.
- At the July 2019 test, some test takers will be assigned pencil-and-paper tests, and some will be assigned digital tests.
- LSAC is also offering July test takers a special option: regardless of format, July test takers will have the opportunity to see their score before they decide whether they wish to cancel it. Those who decide to cancel can choose to retake the test again through April 2020 free of charge.
2019 Flyer Coming Soon!
ATTN: Diversity Legal Scholars Program
1609 Shoal Creek, Ste. 201
Austin, TX 78701
Emails can be directed to Gabriella McDonald via this email address: DLS@texasappleseed.net
- Join our Diversity Legal Scholars Facebook group.
- Texas Appleseed awards scholarships three times a year.
- Texas Appleseed has awarded more than 300 of these scholarships since the program began in 1997.